Saturday, August 3, 2013

BurntWoodsStock 2013

We kept hearing about this awesome family festival, and when we learned that my whole family could get in for free if I volunteered, we could camp for free (!!!!), AND that it was just outside of Newport, I knew it was meant to be. 

And I was right. 


The whole festival is about music and family fun. 


Three days of kids pavilion with crafts galore and things like face painting (by Kassidy)


and mustache glasses (also by Kassidy)


Toys 


hooping


A chalkboard wall 


A tractor train that Kass kept driving through the sprinkler to cool the kids off :))


Fire spinners!!!!!!!!! All 3 nights!


The tooth fairy was there


I took our last $30 and bought supplies to do hair ropes :)


Hippies love colorful hair bangles. 

I had planned to use my mad thread skills to barter for food and such at the festival, but the festival actually provided food for the volunteers, so we all ate anyway :))

I ended up setting up on a blanket with a sign that said I was doing hair ropes for donation. I did 20-30 hair ropes over the course of a day and a half, and I manifested a beautiful hoop for Kass


a pair of tie dye pants for Jaja


an Eco Womb shirt for Noble 


The most delicious vanilla chai tea I have ever had for me


And I finished the festival with $3 more than I started with!

I connected with so many incredible people. One thing we have noticed since being in Oregon is that the people are so quick to share what is great about a certain area. 

And we heard about other festivals, fairs, and pow wows happening in the area. 

And I met an incredible mama who has been avidly trying to start an intentional community for years (seeking out land and such). We are going to connect more later :))

And I met up with a beautiful mama who I have been connecting with on Facebook, to connect in person and talk intentions :)

I knew I was called here for all the right reasons <3

During the festival, we found a cozy little space in the forest to stretch out on in a tent (donated by the Salvation Army in Newport) 


We stayed camping for the rest of the week, and someone gave us a bigger tent!!!! And we moved to a spot that felt a lot like an island. We could hear the creek running by at night <3


One of the best parts of the festival was reconnecting with our beloved Eco Womb family, and making new lasting friendships with fun families who also live on the road. 


Our kids had the time of their life together, over the festival and during the rest of the week when we all had the whole field and forest to ourselves :))


This BurntWoodsStock experience has been exactly why we came to Oregon and very close to what we want for our intentional community. 

Soaking it in here 


and currently rejuvenating in the forest


We are being called toward the mountains and Portland next. I am hoping to get our laptops fixed and connect with other unschoolers to soak them in and put my feelers out for kindreds who may want to grow this vision with us. 

We still have a wish list, and if you want to donate monetarily to meet those needs, my PayPal email is wildsacredsoul(at)live(dot)com. 

We were blessed with $60, and look what all we manifested with it! Can you imagine what we could do with a donation from you?

Thank you for taking this journey with us <3

No comments:

Post a Comment